Food Network Fool

About Me

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
The most important thing in my life is my family. I love my dear husband and 4 wonderful children (ages 11 through 18). I am a stay-at-home mom (my dream job!). Some of my favorite things to do include cooking (and eating!), photography, reading, piano, flute, watching my favorite TV shows, swimming, traveling, and most recently...using the rip stick with my kids. I would love to attend culinary school someday & fit my love of photography in with that somehow. My dream vacation is Italy - something I was recently blessed to experience! I'd love to return and see more of that beautiful and DELICIOUS country! My days are usually full of running kids to and from activities - scouts, sports, music and church. Sometimes I have to remind myself to breathe, but I absolutely LOVE my crazy life and the people I am lucky enough to share it with!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Apple-Orange-Cranberry Relish (from The Comfort Table - by Katie Lee)

This is wonderful served with your Thanksgiving or Christmas turkey (or even over chicken or pork at any other time of year).  You could eat it with a spoon it's so good - just the right amount of tart & sweet!

1 ORANGE
3 CUPS FRESH CRANBERRIES
1 MEDIUM APPLE (A SWEETER VARIETY SUCH AS GALA OR FUJI)
1 CELERY STALK, CUT INTO 1-INCH PIECES
1/2 CUP SHELLED WALNUTS
3/4 CUP SUGAR
1 TABLESPOON ORANGE LIQUEUR

Grate the zest from the whole orange and set aside. Cut off any remaining pith from the orange. Cut the orange into chunks.

In a food processor, combine cranberries, orange chunks, orange zest, apple, and celery and process until fmely chopped. Be careful not to process too long be­cause mixture will become mushy. Add the walnuts and pulse until chopped.

Stir in the sugar and orange liqueur. Refrigerate until serving time.

3 CUPS
PREP TIME. 15 MINUTES

No comments:

Post a Comment