Food Network Fool

About Me

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
The most important thing in my life is my family. I love my dear husband and 4 wonderful children (ages 11 through 18). I am a stay-at-home mom (my dream job!). Some of my favorite things to do include cooking (and eating!), photography, reading, piano, flute, watching my favorite TV shows, swimming, traveling, and most recently...using the rip stick with my kids. I would love to attend culinary school someday & fit my love of photography in with that somehow. My dream vacation is Italy - something I was recently blessed to experience! I'd love to return and see more of that beautiful and DELICIOUS country! My days are usually full of running kids to and from activities - scouts, sports, music and church. Sometimes I have to remind myself to breathe, but I absolutely LOVE my crazy life and the people I am lucky enough to share it with!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Chicken-and- Wild Rice Soup

2 Tbs. butter
3 celery ribs, thinly sliced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 (8 oz.) pkg. sliced fresh baby portobello mushrooms
2 tsp. minced garlic
4 (14 oz.) cans roasted garlic-flavored chicken broth (Swansons)
3 (6 oz.) pkgs. roasted chicken breast chunks (Louis Rich); I actually cook and shred 3 chicken breasts myself - it's cheaper
1 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed and drained
1 (8 oz.) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
1 cup uncooked wild rice
1 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. pepper
2 cup whipping cream

Garnish: toasted slivered almonds

Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add celery and onion; cook 4 minutes or until almost tender. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook 2 minutes.
Combine mushroom mixture, broth, and next 6 ingredients in a 5-qt. slow cooker.
Cover and cook on LOW 5 to 6 hours or until rice is tender. Stir in whipping cream. Garnish, if desired.

Makes 12 1/2 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment