Food Network Fool

About Me

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
The most important thing in my life is my family. I love my dear husband and 4 wonderful children (ages 11 through 18). I am a stay-at-home mom (my dream job!). Some of my favorite things to do include cooking (and eating!), photography, reading, piano, flute, watching my favorite TV shows, swimming, traveling, and most recently...using the rip stick with my kids. I would love to attend culinary school someday & fit my love of photography in with that somehow. My dream vacation is Italy - something I was recently blessed to experience! I'd love to return and see more of that beautiful and DELICIOUS country! My days are usually full of running kids to and from activities - scouts, sports, music and church. Sometimes I have to remind myself to breathe, but I absolutely LOVE my crazy life and the people I am lucky enough to share it with!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

CHOCOLATE COOKIE CHEESECAKE

Prep: 38 Minutes
Cook: 1 Hour and 30 Minutes Chill: 8 Hours

2 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs (20 cookies)
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/3 cup whipping cream
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 large eggs
2 cups coarsely crumbled cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (14 cookies)
1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
¼ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup whipping cream
11/4 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Garnish: additional cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies


Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl: firmly press mixture in bottom and 2 inches up sides of a lightly greased 10-inch springform pan. Bake at 3250 for 12 minutes; set aside.

Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add 1 ¼ cups sugar, beating well. Add 1/3 cup whipping cream, flour, and 1 teaspoon vanilla; beat well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.

Pour 3 1/2 cups of batter into prepared crust. Top with crumbled cookies; pour in remaining batter. Bake at 3250 for 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Combine sour cream, ¼ cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla; spread over cheesecake. Bake at 3250 for 7 minutes. Turn oven off, and leave cheesecake in oven with door closed 45 minutes. Remove from oven, and cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and chill 8 hours. Remove sides of pan.

Combine 1/3 cup whipping cream and semisweet chocolate morsels in a saucepan; stir over low heat until chocolate melts. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla. Remove from heat. Carefully spread mixture over cheesecake, allowing it to drip down sides. Garnish, if desired. Store any leftover cheesecake in refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature 2 hours before serving again.

Yield: 12 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment