Food Network Fool

About Me

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
The most important thing in my life is my family. I love my dear husband and 4 wonderful children (ages 11 through 18). I am a stay-at-home mom (my dream job!). Some of my favorite things to do include cooking (and eating!), photography, reading, piano, flute, watching my favorite TV shows, swimming, traveling, and most recently...using the rip stick with my kids. I would love to attend culinary school someday & fit my love of photography in with that somehow. My dream vacation is Italy - something I was recently blessed to experience! I'd love to return and see more of that beautiful and DELICIOUS country! My days are usually full of running kids to and from activities - scouts, sports, music and church. Sometimes I have to remind myself to breathe, but I absolutely LOVE my crazy life and the people I am lucky enough to share it with!

Monday, February 15, 2010

GARLIC ROASTED POTATOES (from Barefoot Contessa Parties!)

SERVES 8

This has to be one of the first vegetables we ever made at Barefoot Contessa, and we haven't stopped since. I can't even begin to calculate how many millions of bags of potatoes we've cooked in the past twenty-three years. But summer or winter, these potatoes always.fly out the door. We even make roasted potato soup with the leftovers.

3 pounds small red- or white-skinned potatoes (or a mixture)
1/4 cup good olive oil 
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons minced garlic (6 cloves)
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Cut the potatoes in half or quarters and place in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic; toss until the potatoes are well coated. Dump the potatoes on a baking sheet and spread out into one layer;
roast in the oven for at least 1 hour, or until browned and crisp. Flip twice with a spatula during cooking to ensure even browning.

Remove the potatoes from the oven, toss with the minced parsley, season to taste, and serve.

TIP:
At Barefoot Contessa we don't even bother with a bowl. We toss all the ingredients directly 011 a baking sheet.
You can cut the potatoes the day before and store them covered with water in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment