Food Network Fool

About Me

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
The most important thing in my life is my family. I love my dear husband and 4 wonderful children (ages 11 through 18). I am a stay-at-home mom (my dream job!). Some of my favorite things to do include cooking (and eating!), photography, reading, piano, flute, watching my favorite TV shows, swimming, traveling, and most recently...using the rip stick with my kids. I would love to attend culinary school someday & fit my love of photography in with that somehow. My dream vacation is Italy - something I was recently blessed to experience! I'd love to return and see more of that beautiful and DELICIOUS country! My days are usually full of running kids to and from activities - scouts, sports, music and church. Sometimes I have to remind myself to breathe, but I absolutely LOVE my crazy life and the people I am lucky enough to share it with!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Penne D 'Allessandria

12 oz. jar roasted red bell peppers, quartered
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
1 lb. mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup packed Italian parsley leaves
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp thyme
2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
1 lb. Italian sausages, sliced (removed from casings)
1 lb. penne pasta
1/4 cup reserved pasta cooking liquid
freshly grated parrnesan, to taste

Combine parsley, oregano, thyme, and garlic. Heat olive oil in large non-stick skillet. Add mushrooms; cook stirring over medium-high heat until mushrooms are tender and golden brown. Add chopped herb and garlic mixture; saute, stirring 2 minutes. Sprinkle with salt, pepper; transfer to side dish. Wipe out skillet. Place sausage into skillet; cook stirring over medium-high heat until sausage is browned. Transfer to strainer; drain. Keep warm. Cook penne pasta according to package directions, reserving 1/4 cup of cooking liquid. On large, deep platter, combine pasta, red pepper, mushroom and sausage mixture. Add pasta cooking liquid to moisten. Sprinkle with parmesan to taste (we like lots!).

Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment