Food Network Fool

About Me

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
The most important thing in my life is my family. I love my dear husband and 4 wonderful children (ages 11 through 18). I am a stay-at-home mom (my dream job!). Some of my favorite things to do include cooking (and eating!), photography, reading, piano, flute, watching my favorite TV shows, swimming, traveling, and most recently...using the rip stick with my kids. I would love to attend culinary school someday & fit my love of photography in with that somehow. My dream vacation is Italy - something I was recently blessed to experience! I'd love to return and see more of that beautiful and DELICIOUS country! My days are usually full of running kids to and from activities - scouts, sports, music and church. Sometimes I have to remind myself to breathe, but I absolutely LOVE my crazy life and the people I am lucky enough to share it with!

Friday, February 5, 2010

sun-dried tomato dip (from Ina Garten's 'The Barefoot Contessa')

MAKES 2 CUPS

Here is the most popular dip we make at Barefoot Contessa. Reminiscent of Russian dressing, it is updated with the intense flavors of sun-dried tomatoes and fresh scallions. This takes virtually a minute to make and can be served with crackers, chips, and fresh vegetables.

1/4 CUP sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped (8 tomatoes)
8 OUNCES cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 CUP sour cream
1/2 CUP good mayonnaise
10 DASHES Tabasco sauce
1 TEASPOON kosher salt
3/4 TEASPOON freshly ground black pepper
2 scallions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)

Puree the tomatoes, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, Tabasco sauce, salt, and pepper in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Add the scallions and pulse twice. Serve at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment