Food Network Fool

About Me

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
The most important thing in my life is my family. I love my dear husband and 4 wonderful children (ages 11 through 18). I am a stay-at-home mom (my dream job!). Some of my favorite things to do include cooking (and eating!), photography, reading, piano, flute, watching my favorite TV shows, swimming, traveling, and most recently...using the rip stick with my kids. I would love to attend culinary school someday & fit my love of photography in with that somehow. My dream vacation is Italy - something I was recently blessed to experience! I'd love to return and see more of that beautiful and DELICIOUS country! My days are usually full of running kids to and from activities - scouts, sports, music and church. Sometimes I have to remind myself to breathe, but I absolutely LOVE my crazy life and the people I am lucky enough to share it with!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

TROPICAL SMOOTHIES (from Barefoot Contessa Parties)

SERVES 8

How nice is it when something that tastes so good is also good for you? I love to serve these smoothies instead of orange juice for Sunday breakfast. You can substitute raspberries for the mango to make banana raspberry smoothies. Yummmm. . . .

3 cups chopped pineapple
2 mangos, peeled, seeded and chopped (1 1/2 cups)
3 ripe bananas
3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1 1/2 cups skim milk
3/4 cup nonfat yogurt
1 tablespoon honey
6 cups Ice

Combine 1/2 cup mango, 1 cup pineapple, 1 banana, 1/4 cup orange juice, 1/2 cup milk, 1/4 cup yogurt, 1 teaspoon honey, 1/2 cup water, and 2 cups ice in a blender and process until smooth. Make two more batches, or until all the ingredients are used. Serve.

TIP:   When mangos are ripe, they smell ripe. The mango should also be soft to the touch and the banana a a nice yellow with brown speckles.

No comments:

Post a Comment