Food Network Fool

About Me

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
The most important thing in my life is my family. I love my dear husband and 4 wonderful children (ages 11 through 18). I am a stay-at-home mom (my dream job!). Some of my favorite things to do include cooking (and eating!), photography, reading, piano, flute, watching my favorite TV shows, swimming, traveling, and most recently...using the rip stick with my kids. I would love to attend culinary school someday & fit my love of photography in with that somehow. My dream vacation is Italy - something I was recently blessed to experience! I'd love to return and see more of that beautiful and DELICIOUS country! My days are usually full of running kids to and from activities - scouts, sports, music and church. Sometimes I have to remind myself to breathe, but I absolutely LOVE my crazy life and the people I am lucky enough to share it with!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Berry Crumble (from The Pampered Chef's BUSY MOM'S COOKBOOK)

1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups fresh blueberries
2 cups fresh raspberries
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup quick or old-fashioned oats, uncooked
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, cut into small pieces
Vanilla ice cream

Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine granulated sugar and flour.  Gently fold in blueberries, raspberries and lemon juice. Spoon into 8x8-inch baking dish.

Combine oats and brown sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut butter into oat mixture until butter pieces are size of small peas. Sprinkle topping over berries. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until filling is bubbling around edges and topping is nicely browned. Serve warm in bowls with scoops of vanilla ice cream on top.

Yield: 4 to 6 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment