Food Network Fool

About Me

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
The most important thing in my life is my family. I love my dear husband and 4 wonderful children (ages 11 through 18). I am a stay-at-home mom (my dream job!). Some of my favorite things to do include cooking (and eating!), photography, reading, piano, flute, watching my favorite TV shows, swimming, traveling, and most recently...using the rip stick with my kids. I would love to attend culinary school someday & fit my love of photography in with that somehow. My dream vacation is Italy - something I was recently blessed to experience! I'd love to return and see more of that beautiful and DELICIOUS country! My days are usually full of running kids to and from activities - scouts, sports, music and church. Sometimes I have to remind myself to breathe, but I absolutely LOVE my crazy life and the people I am lucky enough to share it with!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Chicken Penne with Artichokes, Tomatoes, and Pesto Cream (from Robin Rescues Dinner)

 PREP TIME: 10 to 15 minutes • COOK TIME: 10 minutes

A fancy name for a meal that'sready in just minutes! Thanks to flavorful canned artichokes, diced tomatoes, heavy cream, and prepared basil pesto, you can toss together an exotic-tasting meal with grocery-store staples.

12 ounces penne pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 oz. each), cubed
1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and halved
1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
1 cup heavy cream, or more as necessary
1/2 cup prepared basil pesto (I buy this from Sam's or Costco - so much cheaper!)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.

2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until golden brown on all sides. Add the artichoke hearts, tomatoes, cream, and pesto and bring to a simmer. Simmer, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink on the inside.

3. Fold in the cooked pasta and Parmesan cheese and cook for 1 minute to heat through, adding more cream or a little water if necessary to create a thinner sauce. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.

Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment