Food Network Fool

About Me

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
The most important thing in my life is my family. I love my dear husband and 4 wonderful children (ages 11 through 18). I am a stay-at-home mom (my dream job!). Some of my favorite things to do include cooking (and eating!), photography, reading, piano, flute, watching my favorite TV shows, swimming, traveling, and most recently...using the rip stick with my kids. I would love to attend culinary school someday & fit my love of photography in with that somehow. My dream vacation is Italy - something I was recently blessed to experience! I'd love to return and see more of that beautiful and DELICIOUS country! My days are usually full of running kids to and from activities - scouts, sports, music and church. Sometimes I have to remind myself to breathe, but I absolutely LOVE my crazy life and the people I am lucky enough to share it with!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Chorizo-Cod-Potato Stew (from RACHAEL RAY EXPRESS LANE MEALS)

I know, I know, you're exhausted. Well, let me tell you, this stew is easy to make, is good for you, and has a big satisfying flavor. You'll be slurping away in front of the TV before you know it ... and then you can go to bed, early, like your. mom always said you should.

4 SERVINGS

2 tablespoons EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil), twice around the pan
1/2 pound chorizo or andouille sausage, thinly sliced
5 red or white boiling potatoes, cut in half, then thinly sliced into half moons
1 large onion, chopped
1 carrot, peeled, cut in half lengthwise, and sliced into half moons
4 garlic cloves, chopped
Salt and black pepper
1 cup dry white wine (eyeball it)
1 14-ounce can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
1 quart chicken stock
2 jarred roasted red peppers, chopped
1 1/2 pounds fresh cod, cut into 2-inch chunks
1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, a couple of generous handfuls, chopped

Preheat a soup pot over medium-high heat with the EVOO. Add the sliced chorizo and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Add the potatoes and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Add the onions, carrots, and
garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes. Add the white wine and cook for 3 minutes. Add the fire-roasted tomatoes, chicken stock, and roasted red peppers, bring up to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. You want the soup to be at a gentle simmer before you add the fish so, if necessary, turn the heat down a little. Add the cod. Gently simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through. Finish the soup with the parsley, taste for seasoning, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment