Food Network Fool

About Me

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
The most important thing in my life is my family. I love my dear husband and 4 wonderful children (ages 10 through 17). I am a stay-at-home mom (my dream job!). Some of my favorite things to do include cooking (and eating!), photography, reading, piano, flute, watching my favorite TV shows, swimming, traveling, and most recently...using the rip stick with my kids. I would love to attend culinary school someday & fit my love of photography in with that somehow. My dream vacation would be to Italy - staying at one of those bed and breakfasts where you can hone your skills as a chef and you get to tour the country. My days are usually full of running kids to and from activities - scouts, dancing, sports, music and church. Sometimes I have to remind myself to breathe, but I absolutely LOVE my crazy life and the people I am lucky enough to share it with!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

FAVORITE OVEN BEEF STEW (from The Pampered Chef's STONEWARE SENSATIONS)

The name says it all. Our Stoneware tenderizes the beef stew meat and provides a hot, filling meal on a chilly winter day. A loaf of crusty bread makes this dinner complete.

1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into l-inch pieces
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 garlic cloves, pressed
3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1 can (13 3/4 ounces) beef broth
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) stewed or diced tomatoes, undrained
1 medium onion, cut into wedges
2 large unpeeled potatoes (about 1 pound)
2 cups carrots, sliced
1/2 cup thawed frozen peas

Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine flour, salt and pepper. Add beef. Coat beef. In nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Press garlic into oil using Garlic Press. Add beef to skillet, reserving any remaining flour mixture. Cook until beef is evenly browned, stirring occasionally. Remove beef and garlic to casserole dish (or stoneware baking dish). Sprinkle with the reserved flour mixture and thyme. Add beef broth, tomatoes and onion. Cover with Deep Dish Baker (or aluminum foil). Bake 1 1/4 hours. Meanwhile, slice
potatoes into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Cut slices crosswise in half. Slice carrots. Stir potatoes and carrots into stew; cover with Deep Dish Baker (or aluminum foil). Bake 1 hour or until beef and vegetables are tender. Stir in peas.

Yield: 6 servings
Approximately 410 calories and 19 grams of fat per serving

No comments:

Post a Comment