Food Network Fool

About Me

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
The most important thing in my life is my family. I love my dear husband and 4 wonderful children (ages 11 through 18). I am a stay-at-home mom (my dream job!). Some of my favorite things to do include cooking (and eating!), photography, reading, piano, flute, watching my favorite TV shows, swimming, traveling, and most recently...using the rip stick with my kids. I would love to attend culinary school someday & fit my love of photography in with that somehow. My dream vacation is Italy - something I was recently blessed to experience! I'd love to return and see more of that beautiful and DELICIOUS country! My days are usually full of running kids to and from activities - scouts, sports, music and church. Sometimes I have to remind myself to breathe, but I absolutely LOVE my crazy life and the people I am lucky enough to share it with!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

grilled chicken with basil dressing (from Giada's Family Dinners)

6 SERVINGS

Grilled chicken cutlets are easy and beautiful, but they do have a tendency to dry out, so marinating them will help keep them moist, tender, and flavorful on the grill. The basil dressing gives them added freshness and lightens them up!

2/3 CUP EXTRA-VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
3 TABLESPOONS PLUS 1/4 CUP FRESH LEMON JUICE (FROM ABOUT 4 LEMONS)
1 1/2 TEASPOONS FENNEL SEEDS, COARSELY CRUSHED
1 1/2 TEASPOONS SALT, PLUS MORE TO TASTE
1 TEASPOON FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER, PLUS MORE TO TASTE
6 BONELESS, SKINLESS CHICKEN BREAST HALVES
1 CUP LIGHTLY PACKED FRESH BASIL LEAVES
1 LARGE GARLIC CLOVE
1 TEASPOON GRATED LEMON ZEST

In a resealable plastic bag, combine 1f3 cup of the oil, 3 tablespoons of the lemon juice, the fennel seeds, 3/4 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper. Add the chicken and seal the bag. Massage the marinade into the chicken. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours, turning the chicken occasionally.

Meanwhile, in a blender, blend the basil, garlic, lemon zest, remaining 1/4 cup lemon juice, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper until smooth. Gradually blend in the remaining 1/3 cup oil. Season the basil sauce to taste with more salt and pepper, if desired.

Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for medium-high heat or preheat a ridged grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill the chicken until just cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a platter. Drizzle with the basil sauce and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment