Food Network Fool

About Me

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
The most important thing in my life is my family. I love my dear husband and 4 wonderful children (ages 11 through 18). I am a stay-at-home mom (my dream job!). Some of my favorite things to do include cooking (and eating!), photography, reading, piano, flute, watching my favorite TV shows, swimming, traveling, and most recently...using the rip stick with my kids. I would love to attend culinary school someday & fit my love of photography in with that somehow. My dream vacation is Italy - something I was recently blessed to experience! I'd love to return and see more of that beautiful and DELICIOUS country! My days are usually full of running kids to and from activities - scouts, sports, music and church. Sometimes I have to remind myself to breathe, but I absolutely LOVE my crazy life and the people I am lucky enough to share it with!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

HERBED PASTA SALAD WITH GARLIC AIOLI CREAM (from Katie Brown Celebrates)

This pasta salad is a happy marriage of mouth watering flavors.

Serves 16

Pasta Salad:
4 ZUCCHINIS
5 SUMMER SQUASHES
1/3 CUP OLIVE OIL
1/2 TABLESPOON LEMON JUICE
1 1/2 CUPS CUBED THICK-SLICED SMOKED BACON. COOKED UNTIL CRISPY
1 1/2 CUPS COARSELY CHOPPED KALAMATA OLIVES
2 CUPS HALVED CHERRY TOMATOES
2 POUNDS COOKEO PENNE PASTA, COOLED
2 TABLESPOONS CHOPPED FRESH PARSLEY
SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE

Cream:
1 HEAD GARLIC
2 TABLESPOONS OLIVE OIL
2 CUPS CREAM
1/4 CUP CHICKEN BROTH
1/2 CUP MAYONNAISE
1/2 TEASPOON SALT

For the cream: preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Slice top off head of garlic, exposing cloves. Place cut side up on a sheet of foil large enough to wrap around entire head of garlic. Pour olive oil over exposed garlic cloves and wrap tightly with foil. Place on a baking sheet and bake until garlic is soft, 25-30 minutes. Cool.

In a medium saucepan, combine cream and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and reduce until about 1 1/4 cups remain, about 20 minutes.

For the pasta salad: while cream is reducing, preheat grill to 350-400 degrees. Slice squashes and zucchinis lengthwise in 1/2-inch slices and drizzle with olive oil. Grill 3-4 minutes per side, turning once. Slightly cool and cut into chunks. In a large bowl, mix squash, zucchini, lemon juice, bacon, olives, and tomatoes. Add pasta and gently toss.

Finish cream by squeezing garlic cloves into a medium-size bowl and mixing with mayonnaise. Whisk in cream
mixture until smooth. Pour 1 cup of cream over pasta salad, and serve remaining cream on the side. Add parsley and salt and pepper to taste to pasta salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment