Food Network Fool

About Me

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
The most important thing in my life is my family. I love my dear husband and 4 wonderful children (ages 11 through 18). I am a stay-at-home mom (my dream job!). Some of my favorite things to do include cooking (and eating!), photography, reading, piano, flute, watching my favorite TV shows, swimming, traveling, and most recently...using the rip stick with my kids. I would love to attend culinary school someday & fit my love of photography in with that somehow. My dream vacation is Italy - something I was recently blessed to experience! I'd love to return and see more of that beautiful and DELICIOUS country! My days are usually full of running kids to and from activities - scouts, sports, music and church. Sometimes I have to remind myself to breathe, but I absolutely LOVE my crazy life and the people I am lucky enough to share it with!

Friday, April 9, 2010

PEACH-BANANA SMOOTHIE (from Art Smith's KITCHEN LIFE)

Because this slushy, satisfying drink can be served anytime during the day (as a low-fat, on-the-go breakfast; a light lunch; a between-meal snack; and so on), I like to make a blenderful in the morning and store it in the freezer. It won't freeze solid for a few hours, and even if it does, it can be reblended with a splash of milk. I love it with peaches, but frozen strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, or even melon are just as tasty.

1/2 cup skim or reduced-fat milk
1 cup nonfat plain or vanilla-flavored yogurt
1 tablespoon honey, or more to taste
2 cups (8 ounces) frozen sliced peaches or other frozen fruit
1 ripe banana, sliced
1 tablespoon bran, optional

In the order given, place the milk, yogurt, honey, peaches, banana, and bran, if using, in a blender and process until smooth. (The smoothies can be prepared up to 8 hours ahead, then covered and stored in the freezer.) Serve chilled.

MAKES 2 SERVINGS

No comments:

Post a Comment