Food Network Fool

About Me

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
The most important thing in my life is my family. I love my dear husband and 4 wonderful children (ages 11 through 18). I am a stay-at-home mom (my dream job!). Some of my favorite things to do include cooking (and eating!), photography, reading, piano, flute, watching my favorite TV shows, swimming, traveling, and most recently...using the rip stick with my kids. I would love to attend culinary school someday & fit my love of photography in with that somehow. My dream vacation is Italy - something I was recently blessed to experience! I'd love to return and see more of that beautiful and DELICIOUS country! My days are usually full of running kids to and from activities - scouts, sports, music and church. Sometimes I have to remind myself to breathe, but I absolutely LOVE my crazy life and the people I am lucky enough to share it with!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

QUICK CHERRY COBBLER (from The Pampered Chef's STONEWARE SENSATIONS)

The combination of tart cherry pie filling and sweet peach slices in this in-a-minute cobbler makes this dessert irresistible.

Biscuit Topping:
1 cup all-purpose baking mix
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
3 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Filling:

1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
1 can (8 1/4 ounces) sliced peaches in juices, drained and cut in half
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2  teaspoon ground cinnamon
Vanilla ice cream (optional)

Preheat oven to 425°F For biscuit topping, combine baking mix, 1 tablespoon of the sugar, milk, butter
and lemon zest. Stir until mixture forms dough. Combine the remaining 1 teaspoon sugar and cinnamon; set aside. For filling, combine pie filling, peaches, lemon juice and cinnamon; mix gently. Microwave on HIGH 3-4 minutes or until hot, stirring after 2 minutes. Pour into 8x8 baking dish. Drop 6 scoops of dough over hot filling using ice cream scoop; sprinkle with the reserved cinnamon-sugar. Bake 18-20 minutes or until topping
is golden brown. Serve topped with ice cream, if desired.

Yield: 6 servings
Approximately 260 calories and 7 grams of fat per serving

No comments:

Post a Comment