Food Network Fool

About Me

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
The most important thing in my life is my family. I love my dear husband and 4 wonderful children (ages 11 through 18). I am a stay-at-home mom (my dream job!). Some of my favorite things to do include cooking (and eating!), photography, reading, piano, flute, watching my favorite TV shows, swimming, traveling, and most recently...using the rip stick with my kids. I would love to attend culinary school someday & fit my love of photography in with that somehow. My dream vacation is Italy - something I was recently blessed to experience! I'd love to return and see more of that beautiful and DELICIOUS country! My days are usually full of running kids to and from activities - scouts, sports, music and church. Sometimes I have to remind myself to breathe, but I absolutely LOVE my crazy life and the people I am lucky enough to share it with!

Thursday, April 8, 2010

ROASTED CAULIFLOWER (from Katie Lee Joel's THE COMFORT TABLE)

Cauliflower is one of those vegetables that can be kind of boring on its own, but with a little help, it can have its own pizzazz. The garlic, lemon juice, capers, and red pepper give this recipe a decidedly Mediterranean flair. I usually serve it alongside a roasted fish.

1 medium head of cauliflower, cut
into bite-size florets (about 5 cups)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 4500 F.

In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, capers, salt, pepper, and red pepper.

Place cauliflower in a roasting pan and mix with the olive oil mixture. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and top with Parmesan. Roast an additional 1 to 2 minutes, until cheese is melted.

YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 20 MINUTES

No comments:

Post a Comment