Food Network Fool

About Me

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
The most important thing in my life is my family. I love my dear husband and 4 wonderful children (ages 11 through 18). I am a stay-at-home mom (my dream job!). Some of my favorite things to do include cooking (and eating!), photography, reading, piano, flute, watching my favorite TV shows, swimming, traveling, and most recently...using the rip stick with my kids. I would love to attend culinary school someday & fit my love of photography in with that somehow. My dream vacation is Italy - something I was recently blessed to experience! I'd love to return and see more of that beautiful and DELICIOUS country! My days are usually full of running kids to and from activities - scouts, sports, music and church. Sometimes I have to remind myself to breathe, but I absolutely LOVE my crazy life and the people I am lucky enough to share it with!

Thursday, April 8, 2010

SAUSAGE WITH ONIONS AND GRAPES (from Katie Lee Joel's THE COMFORT TABLE)

I love all of Italy, but if I had to pick a favorite region it would be Tuscany. I had a dish similar to this while visiting the area, and I loved the salty-sweet combination of the sausages and the grapes. It sounds different, but it really works well.

4 sweet or hot Italian sausages
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 large yellow onions, sliced
5 garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
2 cups seedless red grapes
1/2 cup white wine
3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar

Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Simmer the sausages for 8 minutes. Drain on paper towels.

Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Brown the sausages on all sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer the sausages to a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.

Add the onions to the skillet and saute until tender, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the grapes and cook until their skin begins to pop, about 4 minutes. Add the white wine and simmer until the wine is nearly evaporated. Toss in the parsley, salt, and pepper. Splash the onion-grape mixture with the balsamic vinegar. Serve the sausages whole or sliced on the diagonal on top of the onion mixture.

YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 20 MINUTES

No comments:

Post a Comment