Food Network Fool

About Me

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
The most important thing in my life is my family. I love my dear husband and 4 wonderful children (ages 11 through 18). I am a stay-at-home mom (my dream job!). Some of my favorite things to do include cooking (and eating!), photography, reading, piano, flute, watching my favorite TV shows, swimming, traveling, and most recently...using the rip stick with my kids. I would love to attend culinary school someday & fit my love of photography in with that somehow. My dream vacation is Italy - something I was recently blessed to experience! I'd love to return and see more of that beautiful and DELICIOUS country! My days are usually full of running kids to and from activities - scouts, sports, music and church. Sometimes I have to remind myself to breathe, but I absolutely LOVE my crazy life and the people I am lucky enough to share it with!

Friday, April 9, 2010

SPICY GARLIC SPINACH (from Art Smith's KITCHEN LIFE)

Spinach travels to Asia in this quick saute! And it's a delicious trip. If you don't have chili sauce with garlic, which is sold in Asian markets and the Asian section of the supermarket, use an additional garlic clove and spike the spinach with crushed hot red peppers. Heat the garlic along with the oil for even more garlic flavor and to reduce the chance that the garlic will burn when it hits the hot oil in the skillet.

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
Two l0-ounce bags baby spinach, rinsed but not dried
1 tablespoon Chinese chili sauce with garlic
Salt to taste

Combine the oil and garlic in a large skillet and cook over medium heat until the garlic is softened, about 3 minutes.
 

Add the spinach to the skillet, one handful at a time, stirring until the batch is wilted before adding the next handful. Cook until the spinach is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chili sauce. Season with salt and serve hot.
 

MAKES 4 SERVINGS 

No comments:

Post a Comment