Food Network Fool

About Me

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
The most important thing in my life is my family. I love my dear husband and 4 wonderful children (ages 11 through 18). I am a stay-at-home mom (my dream job!). Some of my favorite things to do include cooking (and eating!), photography, reading, piano, flute, watching my favorite TV shows, swimming, traveling, and most recently...using the rip stick with my kids. I would love to attend culinary school someday & fit my love of photography in with that somehow. My dream vacation is Italy - something I was recently blessed to experience! I'd love to return and see more of that beautiful and DELICIOUS country! My days are usually full of running kids to and from activities - scouts, sports, music and church. Sometimes I have to remind myself to breathe, but I absolutely LOVE my crazy life and the people I am lucky enough to share it with!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

THREE-BEAN SALAD (from Katie Brown Celebrates)

To properly blanch vegetables, place them in very salty boiling water. Remove the vegetables as soon as
they are cooked and cool them under cold water or, even better, in a bowl of ice water. This process helps
preserve the vegetables' vibrant color.

Serves 20

Vinaigrette
1/2 CUP CHOPPED FRESH TARRAGON
1/2 CUP CHOPPED FRESH CHERVIL
3 TABLESPOONS RED WINE VINEGAR
2 TABLESPOONS BALSAMIC VINEGAR
1 TABLESPOON HONEY
1/3 CUP EXTRA-VIRGIN OLIVE OIL

Salad
4 QUARTS WATER
1/2 CUP SALT
6 CUPS STRING BEANS, CUT IN HALF
6 CUPS YELLOW WAX BEANS, CUT IN HALF
3  (15 1/2-OUNCE) CANS CANNELLINI BEANS
3 CUPS THINLY SLICED RED ONION
SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE

For the vinaigrette: in a large mixing bowl, combine tarragon, chervil, vinegars, honey, and olive oil.

For the salad: bring water to a boil; add salt and green and yellow beans. Cook until tender but still a little crisp, about 6 minutes. Cool under cold water or in ice bath.

Rinse cannellini beans thoroughly. Add cannellini, onion, and green and yellow beans to vinaigrette. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix well.

Let salad marinate for at least 2 hours in refrigerator before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment