About Me

My Photo
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
The most important thing in my life is my family. I love my dear husband and 4 wonderful children (ages 10 through 17). I am a stay-at-home mom (my dream job!). Some of my favorite things to do include cooking (and eating!), photography, reading, piano, flute, watching my favorite TV shows, swimming, traveling, and most recently...using the rip stick with my kids. I would love to attend culinary school someday & fit my love of photography in with that somehow. My dream vacation would be to Italy - staying at one of those bed and breakfasts where you can hone your skills as a chef and you get to tour the country. My days are usually full of running kids to and from activities - scouts, dancing, sports, music and church. Sometimes I have to remind myself to breathe, but I absolutely LOVE my crazy life and the people I am lucky enough to share it with!

Friday, June 25, 2010

BALSAMIC ROASTED PORK TENDERLOIN (from Robin Miller Quick Fix Meals)

THE PORTIONS YOU ARE COOKING IN THIS MEAL ARE MEANT TO BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THREE OTHER MEALS (listed the paragraph below).  ESSENTIALLY YOU ARE MAKING ENOUGH OF THE MAIN INGREDIENT SO THAT THREE OTHER COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MEALS CAN BE COOKED UP QUICKLY.  NOW THAT'S USING LEFTOVERS!
SERVES 6

After you roast the lean tenderloin in a sweet and tangy sauce of balsamic vinegar, honey, and mustard (livened up with fresh thyme), you not only enjoy an amazing dinner that night, you can use the tender leftover meat to make brothy Wonton Soup, colorful Pork Fried Rice, and super messy, super delicious Pork Sloppy Joes later in the week. Now that's a Quick Fix!

I like to serve the tenderloin with Soy-Sesame Green Beans with Ginger (see "Sides") and roasted new red or gold potatoes (pop halved small potatoes alongside the pork and they'll be ready when the pork is).
••
Cooking spray
Three 2-pound pork tenderloins, trimmed of silverskin if necessary (white connective tissue)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme 

Preheat the oven to 400°F.

Coat a shallow roasting pan with cooking spray. Place the pork in the prepared pan and season the top and sides with salt and pepper.

In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey, mustard, and thyme. Spoon the mixture all over the pork, then roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads at least 160°F (the pork may still be pink in the center and that's OK, so long as the temperature is right), about 45 minutes, basting
every 15 minutes if possible.

Let the pork stand for 10 minutes before slicing one-third of it crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices. Serve the sliced pork for this meal and refrigerate the leftovers up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months.

Total Time: 60 minutes
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
WALK-AWAY TIME: 45 MINUTES
RESTING TIME: 10 MINUTES

STORAGE SAVVY:
Prep the leftover pork for storage. For the fried rice, dice 2 1/4 cups of the pork. For the wanton soup, shred 1 1/2 cups and, for the sandwiches, shred 4 1/2 cups. Place each recipe portion in its own zip-top plastic
bag, date it, then label it with the name of the recipe it will be used in.

No comments:

Post a Comment