Food Network Fool

About Me

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
The most important thing in my life is my family. I love my dear husband and 4 wonderful children (ages 11 through 18). I am a stay-at-home mom (my dream job!). Some of my favorite things to do include cooking (and eating!), photography, reading, piano, flute, watching my favorite TV shows, swimming, traveling, and most recently...using the rip stick with my kids. I would love to attend culinary school someday & fit my love of photography in with that somehow. My dream vacation is Italy - something I was recently blessed to experience! I'd love to return and see more of that beautiful and DELICIOUS country! My days are usually full of running kids to and from activities - scouts, sports, music and church. Sometimes I have to remind myself to breathe, but I absolutely LOVE my crazy life and the people I am lucky enough to share it with!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

BOW TIES WITH WARM BLUE CHEESE SAUCE (from Robin Miller Quick-Fix Meals)

SERVES 4

We love blue cheese-on everything. We love pasta, too. This blue cheese sauce that's served over fun-shaped bow-tie pasta (also called farfalle) is great. The bright green peas add color and nutrients. The sweet peas pair beautifully with the pungent blue cheese. Feel free to substitute any pasta shape, but I recommend using one with nooks and crannies to give the heavenly sauce a place to hang out.



12 ounces bowtie (farfalle) pasta
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/4 cup chopped shallots
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 cups low-fat milk
1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
1 cup crumbled blue cheese
1 cup frozen green peas (no need to thaw)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley

Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.

Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the thyme, salt, and pepper until well combined and the thyme is fragrant. Add this mixture to the cooked pasta and toss to combine (I typically keep pasta and sauce separate when refrigerating so the pasta doesn't absorb all the sauce, but this isn't a true sauce, so
throw them together) .

• IF YOU'RE STOPPING HERE:
Let come to room temperature, then transfer the pasta to a large zip-top plastic bag or container and refrigerate up to 3 days.

•• WHEN YOU'RE READY TO EAT:
Heat the milk in a large skillet over medium heat. When tiny bubbles appear around the edges of the pan, reduce the heat to low and stir in the sour cream and blue cheese. Stir until the cheese melts. Add the peas and cooked pasta and simmer for 1 minute to heat through. Meanwhile, chop the parsley. Remove from the heat, stir in the parsley, and serve.

Prep Day:
PREP TIME: 10-15 MINUTES
ACTIVE COOKING TiME: 5 MINUTES

To Finish The Meal:
ACTIVE COOKING TIME: 5 MINUTES

No comments:

Post a Comment