Food Network Fool

About Me

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
The most important thing in my life is my family. I love my dear husband and 4 wonderful children (ages 11 through 18). I am a stay-at-home mom (my dream job!). Some of my favorite things to do include cooking (and eating!), photography, reading, piano, flute, watching my favorite TV shows, swimming, traveling, and most recently...using the rip stick with my kids. I would love to attend culinary school someday & fit my love of photography in with that somehow. My dream vacation is Italy - something I was recently blessed to experience! I'd love to return and see more of that beautiful and DELICIOUS country! My days are usually full of running kids to and from activities - scouts, sports, music and church. Sometimes I have to remind myself to breathe, but I absolutely LOVE my crazy life and the people I am lucky enough to share it with!

Saturday, June 26, 2010

CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM, QUESADILLAS (from Robin Miller Quick Fix Meals)


THIS RECIPE IS MEANT TO BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THREE OTHER MEALS (please see ROASTED CHICKEN WITH SMOKEY APRICOT SAUCE in the "Entrees" section). 

Total Time: 16 minutes
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
ACTIVE COOKING TIME: 6 MINUTES

SERVES 6

Turn this assembly-style meal into a family event by letting each person choose what they want inside their own quesadilla. When kids get involved, they're more likely to try new flavors and eat their creations. Just make sure the cheese is melted and gooey and you'll get kids to eat practically any vegetable that's stuffed inside!
Serve these with a mixed green salad sprinkled with fruit, nuts, and cheese for a complete meal.
••

Cooking spray 
3 leftover roasted chicken breast halves (see ROASTED CHICKEN WITH SMOKEY APRICOT SAUCE) 
12 8-inch flour tortillas 
3 cups sliced mushrooms (any combination of shiitake, cremini, oyster, porcini, portobello, etc.) 
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes 
2 cups shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese 


Coat a large griddle or skillet with cooking spray and set over medium heat to preheat (a griddle will take slightly longer to preheat, so if you plan to use a large skillet instead of a griddle, wait until your quesadillas are assembled before preheating the pan).

Using a fork, pull the chicken meat from the bone in shreds. Arrange the tortillas on a flat surface. Top one tortilla with an equal amount of chicken, mushrooms, and tomatoes, and sprinkle with shredded cheese (1/3 cup per tortilla). Top with a second tortilla. Place the quesadillas in (or on) the prepared pan-however many will fit-and cook until the tortillas are golden brown and the cheese melts, about 3 minutes per side.

Cut each tortilla into four wedges and serve.

QUICK FIX IT YOUR WAY:
You can assemble the quesadillas in advance, wrap them in plastic, and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for
up to 3 months; thaw in the refrigerator or microwave for a few minutes on LOW before cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment