Food Network Fool

About Me

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
The most important thing in my life is my family. I love my dear husband and 4 wonderful children (ages 11 through 18). I am a stay-at-home mom (my dream job!). Some of my favorite things to do include cooking (and eating!), photography, reading, piano, flute, watching my favorite TV shows, swimming, traveling, and most recently...using the rip stick with my kids. I would love to attend culinary school someday & fit my love of photography in with that somehow. My dream vacation is Italy - something I was recently blessed to experience! I'd love to return and see more of that beautiful and DELICIOUS country! My days are usually full of running kids to and from activities - scouts, sports, music and church. Sometimes I have to remind myself to breathe, but I absolutely LOVE my crazy life and the people I am lucky enough to share it with!

Thursday, June 24, 2010

PARMESAN-HERB-DUSTED POLENTA ROUNDS (from Robin Miller Quick-Fix Meals)

SERVES 6 TO 8

Precooked polenta is a must-have for the Quick Cook. It's sold in tubes near the rice and grain products in the grocery store. Sometimes you can find it in the refrigerated section of the produce aisle. This recipe calls for plain polenta, but feel free to try one of the seasoned varieties. To quickly turn this into a main dish, top the
polenta with a thick stew or chili. I sometimes serve these with my Chicken Cacciatore with Wild Mushrooms (see "Entrees") so they can help mop up the fabulous sauce!
••
Olive oil cooking spray
One 16-ounce tube prepared polenta, sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, preferably freshly grated
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley 

Preheat the oven to 450°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange the polenta rounds on the sheet and spray them with cooking spray. Season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan and parsley and sprinkle this mixture evenly over the polenta rounds. Bake until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.

Total Time: 13 to 15 minutes
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
WALK-AWAYTIME: 8-10 MINUTES

GOOD HEALTH note:
Polenta is made from yellow cornmeal, which is an excellent source of iron and a good source of calcium.

No comments:

Post a Comment