Food Network Fool

About Me

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
The most important thing in my life is my family. I love my dear husband and 4 wonderful children (ages 11 through 18). I am a stay-at-home mom (my dream job!). Some of my favorite things to do include cooking (and eating!), photography, reading, piano, flute, watching my favorite TV shows, swimming, traveling, and most recently...using the rip stick with my kids. I would love to attend culinary school someday & fit my love of photography in with that somehow. My dream vacation is Italy - something I was recently blessed to experience! I'd love to return and see more of that beautiful and DELICIOUS country! My days are usually full of running kids to and from activities - scouts, sports, music and church. Sometimes I have to remind myself to breathe, but I absolutely LOVE my crazy life and the people I am lucky enough to share it with!

Thursday, June 24, 2010

SEARED TILAPIA WITH TOMATO- CREAM SAUCE (Robin Miller Quick-Fix Meals)

THIS RECIPE IS MEANT TO BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THREE OTHER MEALS (please see CHICKEN CACCIATORE WITH WILD MUSHROOMS in the "Entrees" section).

Total Time: 10 minutes
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
ACTIVE COOKING TIME: 5 MINUTES

SERVES 4

No need to wait for a rich cream sauce to come together-you did the work already, now reap the rewards! You can use any type of fish or shellfish for this dish. The sauce is also excellent over pasta. Serve the tilapia with quick-cooking rice or Lemon-Curry Rice with Golden Raisins (see "Sides")-start the rice before starting the fish so everything is ready at the same time.
••
1 tablespoon olive oil
Four 6-ounce tilapia fillets (or any mild white fish such as cod or halibut)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup leftover Cacciatore Sauce (see CHICKEN CACCIATORE WITH WILD MUSHROOMS)
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley 

Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the tilapia fillets all over with salt and pepper, place in the hot pan, and sear 1 minute on each side, until golden brown. Add the cacciatore sauce, heavy cream, and lemon zest and simmer until the fish is fork-tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat, transfer the fish and sauce to individual 'plates, sprinkle with the parsley, and serve.

GOOD HEALTH note:
To cut out 170 calories and 22 grams of fat, substitute 1/4 cup fat-free half-and-half for the heavy cream. But be careful; since there's little or no fat, fat-free milks and "creams" have a serious "curdle factor", so keep an eye on the sauce and stir frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment