Food Network Fool

About Me

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
The most important thing in my life is my family. I love my dear husband and 4 wonderful children (ages 11 through 18). I am a stay-at-home mom (my dream job!). Some of my favorite things to do include cooking (and eating!), photography, reading, piano, flute, watching my favorite TV shows, swimming, traveling, and most recently...using the rip stick with my kids. I would love to attend culinary school someday & fit my love of photography in with that somehow. My dream vacation is Italy - something I was recently blessed to experience! I'd love to return and see more of that beautiful and DELICIOUS country! My days are usually full of running kids to and from activities - scouts, sports, music and church. Sometimes I have to remind myself to breathe, but I absolutely LOVE my crazy life and the people I am lucky enough to share it with!

Saturday, June 26, 2010

THAI CHICKEN SALAD WITH PEANUTS AND LIME (from Robin Miller Quick Fix Meals)


THIS RECIPE IS MEANT TO BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THREE OTHER MEALS (please see ROASTED CHICKEN WITH SMOKEY APRICOT SAUCE in the "Entrees" section). 

SERVES 6

I love this combination: sweet and salty peanuts, tart fresh lime juice, and colorful vegetables. The chicken adds a dash of protein to round out the meal. It's light and refreshing and works with beef, pork, and shrimp, too. I like to serve crunchy sesame breadsticks on the side.
••

3 leftover roasted chicken breast halves (see ROASTED CHICKEN WITH SMOKEY APRICOT SAUCE
1/2 cup light mayonnaise 
3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter 
1 1/2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce 
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice 
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil 
1 1/2 cups diced celery 
1 1/2 medium red bell peppers, seeded and chopped 
1/3 cup chopped scallions (white and green parts) 
Salt and freshly ground black pepper 
6 cups chopped lettuce (such as romaine, Bibb, red leaf, Boston) 
1/3 cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts 


Pull the chicken meat from the bone and cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, and sesame oil. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Fold in the celery, red pepper, and scallions until well combined. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. (At this point, you can refrigerate the chicken mixture for up to 3 days.)

Place the lettuce on a serving platter or individual plates and top with the chicken mixture. Sprinkle with the peanuts just before serving.

Total Time: 10 to 15 minutes
PREP TIME: 10-15 MINUTES

GOOD HEALTH note:
To cut out about 6 grams of fat per serving, substitute reduced-fat peanut butter for regular.

No comments:

Post a Comment