Food Network Fool

About Me

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
The most important thing in my life is my family. I love my dear husband and 4 wonderful children (ages 11 through 18). I am a stay-at-home mom (my dream job!). Some of my favorite things to do include cooking (and eating!), photography, reading, piano, flute, watching my favorite TV shows, swimming, traveling, and most recently...using the rip stick with my kids. I would love to attend culinary school someday & fit my love of photography in with that somehow. My dream vacation is Italy - something I was recently blessed to experience! I'd love to return and see more of that beautiful and DELICIOUS country! My days are usually full of running kids to and from activities - scouts, sports, music and church. Sometimes I have to remind myself to breathe, but I absolutely LOVE my crazy life and the people I am lucky enough to share it with!

Friday, July 2, 2010

APRICOT PUFF- PASTRY TWISTS (from Robin Miller Quick Fix Meals)

SERVES 4 TO 6 (ABOUT 3 TWISTS PER SERVING)

Next time you make your way down the freezer aisle, grab a box of puff pastry. You won't believe how simple it can be to whip up a sensational and impressive dessert with just two ingredients. Use any filling you want, not just apricot preserves (orange marmalade, raspberry preserves, apple butter, and Nutella® would
all be fantastic).

1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed according to package directions
1/2 cup apricot preserves

Preheat the oven to 400°F.

Using a rolling pin, roll out the puff pastry into a rectangle about 14 x 17 inches. Spread the preserves over one-half of the dough to within 1/4 inch of the edges. Fold the dough in half over the preserves, like a book. Pop the "book" in the freezer for a few minutes for easy cutting.

Using a sharp knife or pizza wheel, cut the dough crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick ribbons. Take each ribbon by the ends and twist into a corkscrew. Arrange the corkscrews on a large baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray, and press down the ends against the sheet (this prevents them from untwisting during baking). Bake until puffed up and golden brown, about 10 minutes. These twists are super warm or cold.
••
GOOD HEALTH note)
Apricots are one of the best food sources of vitamin A, a powerful antioxidant that's essential for healthy skin and good vision.

Total Time: 20 minutes
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
WALK·AWAY TIME: 10 MINUTES

STORAGE SAVVY:
Be prepared for drop-in guests: make a big batch for leftovers. Store them in plestic bags at room
temperature for up to 1 week or in freezer bags in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature before serving. If desired, you can recrisp them in a preheated 350°F oven for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment