Food Network Fool

About Me

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
The most important thing in my life is my family. I love my dear husband and 4 wonderful children (ages 11 through 18). I am a stay-at-home mom (my dream job!). Some of my favorite things to do include cooking (and eating!), photography, reading, piano, flute, watching my favorite TV shows, swimming, traveling, and most recently...using the rip stick with my kids. I would love to attend culinary school someday & fit my love of photography in with that somehow. My dream vacation is Italy - something I was recently blessed to experience! I'd love to return and see more of that beautiful and DELICIOUS country! My days are usually full of running kids to and from activities - scouts, sports, music and church. Sometimes I have to remind myself to breathe, but I absolutely LOVE my crazy life and the people I am lucky enough to share it with!

Friday, July 2, 2010

BROWN SUGAR-GLAZED PINEAPPLE WITH TOASTED COCONUT (from Robin Miller Quick Fix Meals)

SERVES 4

There are few things better than a perfectly ripe pineapple. The problem is, sometimes it's hard to find a perfect one. This recipe is ideal whether you've found the pot-of-gold pineapple or not. Brushed with brown sugar and then topped with coconut, it's an excellent way to end a meal. It's also amazing with a scoop of
vanilla ice cream.
••
Cooking spray
12 pineapple rings (fresh or canned in juice)
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons hot water
1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.

Arrange the pineapple slices on the sheet. In a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and water until the sugar dissolves. Brush the mixture all over the pineapple rings. Sprinkle the coconut over the tops. Bake until the coconut is golden brown and the pineapple tender, about 10 minutes. Serve warm.

Total Time: 15 minutes
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
WALK-AWAYTIME: 10 MINUTES

TIME SAVER tip:
Buy pineapple already cored and peeled from the refrigerated section of the produce aisle. Cut the pineapple crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices if it's not already sliced.

No comments:

Post a Comment