Food Network Fool

About Me

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
The most important thing in my life is my family. I love my dear husband and 4 wonderful children (ages 11 through 18). I am a stay-at-home mom (my dream job!). Some of my favorite things to do include cooking (and eating!), photography, reading, piano, flute, watching my favorite TV shows, swimming, traveling, and most recently...using the rip stick with my kids. I would love to attend culinary school someday & fit my love of photography in with that somehow. My dream vacation is Italy - something I was recently blessed to experience! I'd love to return and see more of that beautiful and DELICIOUS country! My days are usually full of running kids to and from activities - scouts, sports, music and church. Sometimes I have to remind myself to breathe, but I absolutely LOVE my crazy life and the people I am lucky enough to share it with!

Friday, July 2, 2010

FROZEN YOGURT WITH CINNAMON-SPIKED BLUEBERRY SAUCE (from Robin Miller Quick Fix Meals)

SERVES 8

Use this sauce recipe as a base for all future sauce creations. You can make it with any berry variety or diced fruit, such as peaches, nectarines, plums, pears, and even citrus. Using confectioners' sugar does double duty; it adds sweetness while helping to thicken the sauce. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs when you want to impress someone.
••
Two 10-ounce bags frozen blueberries
2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
4 cups vanilla frozen yogurt

Combine the blueberries, confectioners' sugar, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan, set over medium heat, bring to a simmer, and simmer until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.

Spoon the frozen yogurt into dessert bowls and top with the blueberry sauce.

STORAGE SAVVY:
This sauce can be made up to 3 days in advance and refrigerated until ready to use. Reheat the sauce in the microwave for 2 minutes on HIGH. You can also make a double batch and freeze leftovers in freezer bags or plastic containers. Thaw and reheat in the microwave or in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat.

Total Time: 10 minutes
PREP TlME: 5 MINUTES
ACTIVE COOKING TIME: 5 MINUTES

No comments:

Post a Comment