Food Network Fool

About Me

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
The most important thing in my life is my family. I love my dear husband and 4 wonderful children (ages 11 through 18). I am a stay-at-home mom (my dream job!). Some of my favorite things to do include cooking (and eating!), photography, reading, piano, flute, watching my favorite TV shows, swimming, traveling, and most recently...using the rip stick with my kids. I would love to attend culinary school someday & fit my love of photography in with that somehow. My dream vacation is Italy - something I was recently blessed to experience! I'd love to return and see more of that beautiful and DELICIOUS country! My days are usually full of running kids to and from activities - scouts, sports, music and church. Sometimes I have to remind myself to breathe, but I absolutely LOVE my crazy life and the people I am lucky enough to share it with!

Friday, July 2, 2010

PLUM PIZZA WITH RICOTTA, APRICOT PRESERVES, AND PINE NUTS (from Robin Miller Quick Fix Meals)

SERVES 4 TO 6

This dessert pizza layers together sweetened ricotta cheese, fresh plum slices, apricot preserves, and toasted pine nuts. It's an excellent choice for entertaining.
••
One 9-inch refrigerated pie crust
1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
4 ripe plums, pitted and thinly sliced
2/3 cup apricot preserves
1/4 cup pine nuts

Preheat the oven to 375°F.

Unroll the pie crust on a large baking sheet.

In a small bowl, combine the ricotta and confectioners' sugar, then spread all over the pie crust to within 1/4 inch of the edge. Top with the plum slices, making slightly overlapping rows. Warm the apricot preserves in the microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds, then brush over the plum slices. Sprinkle the pine nuts over the top. Bake until the crust and pine nuts are golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Total Time: 20 to 22 minutes
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
WALK-AWAY TIME: 10-12 MINUTES

GOOD HEALTH note:

Plums are an excellent source of vitamins A and C, calcium, magnesium, iron, potassium, and fiber. As is true of all nuts, pine nuts are a good source of heart-friendly unsaturated fats.

VARIATION:
Can't find ripe plums? Substitute canned peaches or pears or fresh nectarines and slice as directed.
You will need an 11- to 15-ounce can or 2 to 3 nectarines.

No comments:

Post a Comment