Food Network Fool

About Me

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
The most important thing in my life is my family. I love my dear husband and 4 wonderful children (ages 11 through 18). I am a stay-at-home mom (my dream job!). Some of my favorite things to do include cooking (and eating!), photography, reading, piano, flute, watching my favorite TV shows, swimming, traveling, and most recently...using the rip stick with my kids. I would love to attend culinary school someday & fit my love of photography in with that somehow. My dream vacation is Italy - something I was recently blessed to experience! I'd love to return and see more of that beautiful and DELICIOUS country! My days are usually full of running kids to and from activities - scouts, sports, music and church. Sometimes I have to remind myself to breathe, but I absolutely LOVE my crazy life and the people I am lucky enough to share it with!

Friday, July 2, 2010

TOASTED ANGEL FOOD CAKE WITH FUDGE-RASPBERRY SAUCE (from Robin Miller Quick Fix Meals)

SERVES 8

Angel food cake is amazing-so light and airy! Even better? You can buy it premade from the grocery store. I like to cut the cake into cubes and toast it to bring out even more sweetness. I also worship chocolate, so drizzling it over the cake is right up my alley!
••
Cooking spray
1 prepared angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 cups store-bought chocolate fudge sauce
2 cups frozen raspberries (not in syrup; don't bother to thaw)


Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.

Arrange the angel food cake cubes on the sheet and bake until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes.

Meanwhile, combine the fudge sauce and raspberries in a small saucepan and set over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook until the raspberries break down and the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.

Place the angel food cake cubes on dessert plates, cover with the chocolate sauce, and serve.

Total Time: 10 minutes
PREP TIME: 3 MINUTES
ACTIVE COOKING TIME: 7 MINUTES

No comments:

Post a Comment